26 December 2014

*shrugs*

Well, I did mean to write here more, but what can I say. I'm a single mom with an 8 year old and a two year old. I was in AU and am now in a pre-apprenticeship program for carpentry. Those two things take up most of my time right there. Add in all of my other goings-on and I'm one busy person.

I am going to try to get on here regularly though. Thinking about starting another page for my academic stuff. I build things. It's all very interesting.

I'm actually learning a hell of a lot and am really enjoying the program. I don't know what I'm going to do with it once I'm done, but my options are pretty endless.

Once I pass the exemption test, I will have learned everything a Level 1 carpentry apprentice should know. I guess basically I have two main options. Work or go back to school.

I'm inclined to think I'll work, but depending on what I learn this coming semester, we'll see.

In second semester we spend some hours learning the basics of the other trades (plumbing, electrical, masonry, HVAC) and I am just itching to get into the masonry building. I have absolutely no interest in the others, so spending that time is going to suck. But, it will be good to know at least the basics.

I do know that I am not going to be a roofer. Shingles and I don't get along at all. And I have the marks to prove it.

In April we do a 10 week work placement. I can work basically anywhere, as long as it has something to do with carpentry. I've heard that some people have worked at Home Depot.

My ex works at a place that cuts and finishes wood (for chairs, tables, etc). He's put a good word in with his boss, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do my placement there. I don't think I'd mind sanding wood for 10 weeks.

Christmas went well. This was the first year Miss was with her dad for Eve and Morning, so it was pretty quiet here Wednesday night. We did our gifts at home this morning then had a family dinner. Tomorrow we do a lunch with my other side. And then both kids go to Bub's grandma's house for a few days. Which means I'm going to be all alone. For days, even.

I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

And then in 9 days I will be 26 years old. I'm not excited, per se, but I'm not freaking out anymore about getting older.

It's getting on 11:30 so that's all for tonight. Merry Christmas everyone!