25 October 2016

Suprise!

I have 10 minutes until I get Bub from the bus so I thought I'd answer some questions.

55. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

I think a lot of that has to do with how our society is built. We work to live and live to work. You can't do much of worth without money. Even volunteering your time and energies requires money from somewhere, because no one can live off volunteer work. Bills need to be paid and food needs to be bought.

56. What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?

Some good music, a movie I've watched a million times, a hot cup of tea, a good book. Sometimes, although it's rare, people can lift me up.

57. Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?

I try to live without regrets. I don't want to be 80 and wishing I'd told that boy I liked him, or wish I'd gone on that roller coaster, or eaten that extra slice of cake. As mediocre as my life can sometimes be, at least I'm living it to what I want and not how I wish I was. Wait, does that make sense?

58. Has your greatest fear ever come true?

Almost. I live on the second floor of an apartment building. On my patio I had a bench sitting against the railing. At this time, my son was 2 and wasn't able to climb the railing, so I didn't think anything of it. That was, until I was sitting on the bench and he used my leg to hoist himself over the edge of the railing.

If he'd done it quicker, or I had noticed a half second later, or any type of "if", he would have fallen over. It isn't something I like to contemplate because he did not fall over and now he's 4 and my little love.

59. Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?

I think people tend to take others for granted. I know I've been guilty of this. When the person is there, they're there, and you don't have to really think about them. When they're not there, you notice. Maybe it's not necessarily taking someone for granted either, but who really knows. I don't know what I'm saying anymore, lol.